Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Girls Night Out-Brady Style-ish!

The other night I went out with some girlfriends for drinks and a movie. We were planning on seeing"Magic Mike"-which was so exciting, because I didn't even know there was a movie about the Houdini-like prowess of one Mr. Mike Brady! But, as it turns out, the movie wasn't about Mike Brady, but some other guy named Mike (sad face) and an entirely different type of magic. I must admit, I am just judging the movie by its poster; the movie was completely sold out and we ended up going to dinner instead.

It turns out none of my friends had read my Summer of Living Brady-fully blog yet-which explains why they seemed perplexed when I uttered "far out" "outta sight" and "that sounds groovy" (clearly, I need to expand my Brady lingo).

It also explains why when I made a rude comment (okay, really funny joke) that it was a good thing Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston never had children because their faces are so angular, their babies would have stop sign-shaped heads-no one said "that isn't very Carol Brady-ish of you." Instead, they commented on the pain of birthing a baby with stop sign-shaped head (or a baby with a sign-shaped head of any kind!).

As a nod to Carol Brady, I didn't order champagne (it has a terrible effect on the Brady Matriarch-it makes her dizzy and/or the bubbles make her sneeze). I ordered a beer, although I don't really know if Ma Brady drank beer either. According to the waitress, the type of beer I ordered was supposed to taste like cider-that seemed a little more Brady-friendly! In reality it just tasted like icky beer.

So my night out with my girlfriends, in the spirit of Carol Brady was kind of exhausting and not very successful. Next time, I may just borrow a line from Marcia and tell them, "Something suddenly came up," and leave Carol at home!

Meanwhile, my 2 middle moppets were arguing over a board game the other day and Youngest Son looked up from his book, shrugged and said, "they should just take turns," then continued reading. (It was like a line taken directly from Sherwood Schwartz himself!)
I said, "That idea is far out!" He looked up again, recognition washing over his face and started giggling! I love when my children get me!

I'm so excited, our Brady Bunch project for this weekend is one of the following:
-make a teeter-totter so we can have a teetor-totter record setting contest
-make a dunk tank (which will not be for the school carnival, but for our own personal enjoyment!)
Far out!

1 comment:

  1. Erin, you make me laugh so hard! I think that you missed your calling...you should be writing for a sitcom!! xxx

    ReplyDelete