Wednesday, November 28, 2018

It's the Little Things...

Lately I've been spending too much time fact-checking the news. I read the same "news" from every conceivable source I can find. It is exhausting and often disheartening. The old adage, "There are three sides to every story: yours, theirs and the truth," is just a faded memory! I wish there were only three sides! My head is spinning and my heart is heavy. Plus, every time I read the word Russians, I start singing:

We share the same biology,
Regardless of ideology
But what might save us, me and you
Is if the Russians love their children too


Which is one of my favorite Sting songs, but seriously, those are the only lyrics I can remember and I don't have time to look them up because I'm too busy fact-checking! UGH!

So, today I decided to take a respite from all of the checking and rechecking to make a list of some little things that make me happy! I'm guessing I'm not the only one who could use a break from the time-suck that is the all-access, 24 hour news cycle. What little things make you happy?


 1. This text!



 2. Hot coffee
 3. Beautiful books
 4. Art making
 5. Clever song lyrics
 6. The crunching sound leaves make when you walk on them
 7. Glitter
 8. Sassiness
 9. The smell of hardware stores
10. Words
11. The number 11
12. Unexpected kindness
13. Laminating
14. The lemon tree I grew from a seed
15. My freshly made bed
16. The term-esprit de l'escalier (the wit of the staircase) which sums up my life
17. When I don't suffer from esprit de l'escalier and think of the perfect response at the perfect time
18. Rapper's Delight
19. Finding things you thought were lost for good
20. People standing up for others (especially when it goes against their personal beliefs-putting 
      people over things, policies, and ideals always makes me happy!)
21. Clocks
22. People who know the right thing to say
23. People who know when to stay quiet
24. Symmetry

No comments:

Post a Comment