Saturday, November 15, 2014

Accidentally in Love...

Today is my favorite day of the year. I don't always remember that. Actually, any other day of the year, I would say that today is one of the two days each year that I look forward to with great trepidation and anxiety. Throughout the year, I hear November 15 and a heavy feeling envelopes me.  But when it's here, I remember. I remember that today is a celebration of an "accidental" life. A beautiful, amazing, full life. A life with purpose, that had an everlasting impact on countless others. A life in which every moment was so very treasured and certainly warrants celebration...especially today!


Happy Birthday to my beautiful baby boy! Today, Hart would have turned 10 years old. When I think back, there are memories that are so clear, so close, that I can almost reach out and touch them. Other memories are so fuzzy, that I am unable to bring them into focus and the harder I try, the further they slip out of reach. But I'm completely okay with that-actually I think that's how it's supposed to be. Sometimes, these memories come back into full focus in that nirvana right between sleep and awake. When I try to grab these memories and carry them into my conscious, clear memories, they slip away again. But I know they'll be back and I love the feeling that brings.


It also encourages me to depend on the memories of others, to talk about Hart, reminisce and share in a way I would otherwise not.  As a way to celebrate Hart's 10th birthday, I asked family members to share memories and thoughts about Hart. Over the next several days, I will share their beautiful, poignant  recollections.

No comments:

Post a Comment