Tuesday, December 9, 2014

It's Been a Hart Day's Night

She held her grief behind her eyes like an ocean & when she leaned forward into the day it spilled onto the floor & she wiped at it quickly with her foot & pretended no one had seen.                                                                                  -Brian Andreas



Today is the 10th anniversary of the day Hart died. Traditionally, December 8 is a tough day for our family. We celebrate the time he was with us, but feel the full weight of his absence on this day. Today, I have been very busy and felt pretty okay until about an hour ago. It was then, after everyone else was asleep that I was able to have a few minutes alone with my thoughts. I began feeling a little melancholy and nostalgic. I looked through a bin of Hart memorabilia and found these adorable pictures. Looking at them made me so happy! I love that he was sleeping (or just waking up) with his sweet little arm covering his eyes! It made me want to reach through the photos and hold that precious little baby peeking out from behind his arm.





After I found these treasures, I received the most adorable video message from my good friend and her 2 little boys. The video message made my day complete-and made me cry (tears of joy) ! I think it was the perfect way to end this day!






No comments:

Post a Comment